Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Best Films List 2011. And Yours?

Here's my twist on the typical year end film wrapup.  I saw a bunch of first run films in 2011, and a bunch more older films. Many of these were reviewed on this blog. Some were not.

Best/Favorite 2011 films I reviewed:

A Separation (Asghar Farhadi)


Moneyball (Bennett Miller)

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (David Fincher)

Hugo (Martin Scorsese)

Best/Favorite pre-2011 films I reviewed:

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943 - Michael Powell, Emeric Pressburger)

The Third Man (1949 - Carol Reed)

A Time For Drunken Horses (2000 - Bahman Ghobadi)

Best/Favorite films I watched in 2011, but did not blog about

Breathless (1959 - Jean-Luc Godard)  This classic is still fresh as a breeze.

The Best Years of Our Lives (1946 - William Wyler)   Affecting drama about returning servicemen.

What About You? What were the best flicks you watched last year?  Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment